The DTP offers a range of training delivered by each of the seven partner Universities, some are training Pathway specific and others of interest to all PhD students.
You will be offered training in four key areas:
- Discipline-based training: provides a high-level understanding of academic debates in their field, and a supportive research environment in which to develop PhD topics
- Professional skills for research leadership: develops experience of how academic work is funded, published and translated into practical use beyond the university
- Advanced research methods training: provides exposure to cutting-edge methods that support students’ own projects and their future research ambitions
- Interdisciplinary working – Pathway training: enables students to articulate how their PhDs contribute to wider societal challenges through work within one of the seven thematic Pathways of the White Rose Doctoral Training Partnership
There are formal and informal training opportunities, e.g. seminars, summer/winter/easter schools and workshops etc, which will sit alongside the support of academic supervisors, departments and faculties, to create a research environment in which postgraduates can thrive.
The expectation is that via each Pathway students are able to access research training, without incurring an additional charge, at any of the partner Universities (subject to availability, prior permission of the tutor and prerequisite qualifications).
Details of the latest training on offer is shown below. Registration is generally available 6 weeks prior to the training.
No shows will jeopardise the ability to register on future training and your department may incur a cost.
Doctoral research students in the DTP can also access Career Development & Transferable Skills Training opportunities at their home institution by clicking on the name of their university below:
- University of Leeds
- University of Sheffield
- University of York
- University of Bradford (coming soon)
- University of Hull (coming soon)
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Sheffield Hallam University
See also: WRDTC on Youtube
0 courses available