DTP Pathway Director – Civil Society, Development and Democracy (CDD) – Call For Applications
March 12, 2018
The White Rose Doctoral Training Partnership (WRDTP) is delighted to offer an opportunity for an academic colleague with experience of PhD supervision, conducting interdisciplinary and collaborative research and managing doctoral research environments, to lead the Civil Society, Development and Democracy (CDD) as a Pathway Director, from 1 August 2018.
The new White Rose Doctoral Training Partnership (WRDTP) now builds on the success of the White Rose DTC universities of Sheffield, York and Leeds by bringing in the social sciences research excellence of the Universities of Bradford, Hull, Manchester Metropolitan and Sheffield Hallam.
The White Rose Social Sciences Doctoral Training Partnership offers:
- A unique interdisciplinary and thematic student experience that will facilitate research beyond traditional discipline boundaries, enabling students to develop holistic understandings of the grand challenges that face society and how these can be addressed by the Social Sciences.
- Shared training and co-supervision, building on the critical mass of the seven universities and with the collective strength of around 2,000 academics in 60 Social Science departments, to ensure that Social Science students are trained by the very best academics and professionals in their core areas of expertise.
- A collaborative and impactful student experience, through partnerships and ‘people exchange’ opportunities with non-academic partners in the public sector, with businesses, and civil society organisations, nationally and internationally, building on our existing relationships, and new activities with the N8 Research Partnership and the Worldwide Universities Network (WUN).
- A comprehensive, flexible and responsive model of doctoral training through seven interdisciplinary thematic multi-institutional pathways, to give access to a wider portfolio of problem-based skills and experience and produce doctoral graduates with outstanding core, general and transferable skills.
Further details for the Civil Society, Development and Democracy CDD Pathway can be found here.
Pathway Director Role and Responsibilities
Further details about the role and CANDIDATE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR EACH PATHWAY can be found here DTP Pathway Director Role March 2018
Tenure: 3 years
How to apply
- Applications: a current CV and max 400 word expression of interest indicating why you are the person for this role.
- Email to: Professor Ruth Blakeley, White Rose DTP Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: noon, 9 April 2018